The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is accepting nominations for the 2022 class of the Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame. Nominations are due March 25.
The Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame recognizes U.S. persons and/or allied partners who have made significant and transformative contributions to NGA, one of the NGA heritage organizations or the GEOINT discipline.
Current federal employees or individuals in a related paid activity are not eligible to receive the Hall of Fame Award. U.S. citizens must have concluded their federal service or related paid activity for at least two years before their nomination to the Hall of Fame.
If an individual/organization believes that a current contractor employee at NGA meets the selection criteria below, then the nomination MUST be coordinated with the appropriate contracting officer's representative, the contracting officer and the NGA Office of General Counsel via firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting justification for recognition must be clearly stated in the application and contractor nominations must not adversely impact contract administration.
The contributions of those nominated should be clearly recognizable as having changed the direction and scope or increased the value of GEOINT for national decision makers, military commanders or other NGA customers and partners. Nominees must meet at least one of the following selection criteria to be eligible:
- Demonstrated significant accomplishments at NGA or one if its heritage organizations.
- Demonstrated an accomplishment that transformed the GEOINT tradecraft or NGA operations.
- Demonstrated a legacy of leadership that exemplifies NGA traditions and core values.
- Provided a significant GEOINT contribution during a national security crisis.
- Contributed to a technological or analytic innovation that provided greater geospatial understanding to the U.S. government.
- Made a significant personal sacrifice in the accomplishment of the NGA mission.
- Demonstrated significant support that greatly enhanced the NGA mission for individuals from other U.S. government entities, commercial vendors or foreign governments.
Hall of Fame nominations may be made by any current or former Department of Defense or intelligence community employee, member of the National System for Geospatial Intelligence, or member of the Allied System for GEOINT. All nominations will be considered by the Hall of Fame selection board.
The format for all nomination packages (template attached) shall be as follows:
- Unclassified and limited to six pages
- Double-spaced, Arial 12-point font
- Submitted to Hall_of_Fame@nga.mil
The package must include:
- A one-page biographical essay providing general information about the nominee and current contact information. If the nominee had federal service, include name, title and grade/rank at time of retirement/separation; date of retirement/separation from civilian or military service; and the elements where the nominee served to include the geographic location.
- A second narrative (between 3 to 5 pages) identifying the selection criteria the nominee meets and detailing the significance of those contributions.
- A brief description (no more than 100 words) of the nominee and their accomplishments that will be used as the basis for award citation should the NGA director select the nominee for induction into the Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame.
- As required, the submission of classified supporting information of no more than one double-spaced page of the six-page maximum nomination package may be submitted to the NGA Office of Corporate Communications via email at Hall_of_Fame@nga.ic.gov.
The submission includes personally identifiable information (PII) about the nominees. The Privacy Act requires that that NGA safeguards all records and forms containing PII. Therefore, in order to maximize the Privacy protections afforded to the nominee, NGA asks that submitters using non-government systems (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) follow the following steps when transmitting the nominations to NGA:
- Include “Privacy Sensitive” in the subject line of the email.
- In the body of the email, include the following Privacy Act Statement:
PERSONAL DATA-PRIVACY ACT OF 1974: Information contained in this document and/or any corresponding attachments/artifacts may contain personally identifiable information and are for official use only. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy this document together with all attachments. All unintended recipients are hereby advised that any use, distribution, copying, or any other action regarding this communication (email, etc.) is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized dissemination or use of personally identifiable information is a violation of Federal law. Individuals in violation may be subject to fines, disciplinary actions, or both.
- If including an attachment to the email, password protect the document and restrict certain features, such as printing and editing. Passwords are case-sensitive and have minimum/maximum character length requirements.
- Word Document - Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password. Set Password requirements.
- Send the password in a separate email to Hall_of_Fame@nga.mil.
The Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame selection board will review all nomination packages, evaluate the merits of each package via open discussion and submit a slate of suggested nominees to the NGA director. The director will render a final decision, and an announcement of the selection(s) will be made.
A date for the 2022 annual induction ceremony has not been determined.
For questions regarding the Hall of Fame, email Hall_of_Fame@nga.mil.