The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is accepting nominations through March 20, 2020 for individuals to be considered for induction into the 2020 Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame.
The Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame recognizes individuals who have made significant and transformative contributions to NGA, one of the NGA heritage organizations, or the GEOINT discipline.
NGA honors inductees each year; the next induction ceremony will be held Sept. 11, 2020.
Nominees should be U.S. persons and/or allied partners who have made significant contributions to NGA, one of the NGA heritage organizations, or the GEOINT discipline.
The contributions of those nominated should be clearly recognizable as having changed the direction and scope or increased the value of GEOINT for national decision makers, military commanders or other NGA customers and partners. Nominees must meet at least one of the following selection criteria to be eligible:
- Demonstrated significant accomplishment at NGA or one of its heritage organizations.
- Demonstrated an accomplishment that transformed the GEOINT tradecraft or NGA operations.
- Demonstrated a legacy of leadership that exemplifies NGA traditions and core values.
- Performed a significant GEOINT contribution during a national security crisis.
- Contributed a technological or analytic innovation that provided greater geospatial understanding to the U.S. government.
- Made a significant personal sacrifice in the accomplishment of the NGA mission.
- Demonstrated significant support that greatly enhanced the NGA mission for individuals from other U.S. government entities, commercial vendors or foreign governments.
Hall of Fame nominations may be made by any current or former Department of Defense or intelligence community employee, member of the National System for Geospatial Intelligence, or member of the Allied System for GEOINT. All nominations will be considered by the Hall of Fame selection board.
The format for all nomination packages (template attached) shall be as follows:
- Limited to six pages
- Double-spaced, Arial 12-point font
- Submitted to Hall_of_Fame@nga.mil
The package must include:
- A one-page biographical essay providing general information about the nominee. If the nominee had federal service, please include name, title and grade/rank at the time of retirement; date of retirement from civilian or military service; current contact information; and elements served and location.
- A second narrative (between 3-5 pages) identifying the selection criteria the nominee meets and detailing the significance of those contributions.
- A brief description (no more than 100 words) of the nominee’s accomplishments that will be used as the basis for an award citation should the nominee be selected for induction into the Hall of Fame.
All information in the package should be unclassified. If required, the submission of a supplemental classified narrative of no more than one double-spaced page in Arial 12-point font may be coordinated via Hall_of_Fame@coe.ic.gov.
The Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame selection board will review all nomination packages, evaluate the merits of each package in concert via open discussion, and submit a slate of suggested nominees to the NGA director. The director will render a final decision, and an announcement of the selection(s) will be made. The annual induction ceremony Sept. 11, 2020 will pay tribute to the individuals and their prestigious accomplishments to the GEOINT community.