2. Ensure your CAC is inserted in the reader prior to accessing the urls below.
3. In your browser, navigate to https://mydesktopeast.nga.mil or https://mydesktopwest.nga.mil
4. If you have been migrated to PIV please select the PIV cert. If you have not been migrated select the Email certificate and you will be logged into the storefront, as seen below:
***Note: if you obtain any error messages in the browser, refresh the page in the browser until the error message is gone and you are logged into the website. In some cases, it may be necessary to “Clear Browsing Data” or Relaunch Safari or Google Chrome and then close the browser completely, re-open, and navigate back to one of the Step 3 URLs. If that does not work restart your computer.
5. The store front should display with a white background. Click on the “WIN10” Desktop icon
- If you’re using Google Chrome, a file that resembles “TkRFVK…” will display at the bottom left side of your browser. Select this file one time
- If you’re using Safari, the “TkRFVK…” will be in your downloads folder. Select this file one time.
6. Once the SBU OS loads you will have to select between the smart card options. If you have been migrated to PIV please select the PIV cert otherwise select the ID certificate to log into the OS. ***For the PIV cert it will be a 16 digit number followed by @mil***
7. To ensure your session is ended properly and therefore allow you to log-in without issue in the future please use the drop down to select Ctrl+Alt+Del and select "Disconnect".
Recommended CAC reader hardware:
- uTrust SmartFold SCR3500
- OMNIKEY 312
- OMNIKEY 3021