Office of Small Business Programs
Mission: Provide expert small business advice on NGA acquisitions and manage Small Business Programs to find the next small business talent, capabilities and innovation for NGA, in support of the warfighter and national security.
Small Business Resources and Programs
The Small Business Programs Office is committed to promoting acquisition opportunities where small businesses can best support GEOINT and be an active part of a diverse industrial base. We advise NGA acquisition professionals on their acquisition strategies and help them research market capabilities. We actively pursue new and creative ways to reach out and engage small businesses to help NGA meet its mission-critical needs.
Five Steps to Getting Started with NGA:
- Register your company in the System for Award Management. All businesses, whether large of small, must be registered in SAM to do business with the federal government.
- Complete your SAM Small Business Profile for Dynamic Small Business Search. When a small business registers in SAM, there is an opportunity to fill out a small business profile to populate DSBS. NGA uses DSBS to research small businesses in our market.
- Research NGA. Know our mission, what we buy and how your company's products and services can contribute.
- Register with the GEOINT Solutions Marketplace, our online community of solution providers. Be sure to check out the latest "News" for opportunity announcements, and the "Problem Center" and see if your company can propose an innovative solution. If you have a software application you would like to submit, also visit NGA's Innovative GEOINT Application Provider Program (IGAPP).
- Register with Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) and the Acquisition Resource Center (ARC) 2.0 for the latest business opportunity announcements from NGA. Be sure to take advantage of advance search features to stay on top of NGA's Business Opportunity Notices, Sources Sought announcements, Requests for Information, and Request for Proposal. Your thoughtful responses to these notices help us understand your capabilities and make more informed decisions on our acquisitions.
Meeting with NGA's Small Business Office:
NGA is currently limited in our ability to meet directly with companies. The best way for us to know your capabilities through a robust profile in DSBS and GSM, and through your targeted responses to our FBO and ARC announcements (see getting started, above). If you need specific assistance on an existing contract, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com
Additional Small Business Program and Resources:
- Mentor Protege Program (MPP)
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA).
- Small Business Administration (Goverment Contracting)
- DoD Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP).