NGA calls for Hall of Fame nominations
August 23, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is accepting nominations through Sept. 7 for 2012 inductees to the NGA Hall of Fame.
The NGA Honorary Awards Review Panel will consider nominees based on their demonstration of the following:
- Significant accomplishment in one of the heritage organizations.
- Accomplishment that transformed NGA operations.
- Legacy of leadership that exemplifies the current and former NGA tradition and core values.
- Significant accomplishment providing geospatial intelligence that enables the U.S. to resolve a national security crisis.
- Technological or analytical creation that provides greater geospatial through the U.S. government.
- Significant sacrifice involving serious injury or death in the accomplishment of the NGA mission in support of national security.
- Significant support from an individual representing a private corporation, another U.S. government agency or foreign government that transforms the NGA mission
- Nominees may not be currently employed with or working at an NGA facility. Nominees must have two years between their nomination and their last day of duty working for NGA or at an NGA facility.
Nominations must comply with these guidelines to be forwarded to the Honorary Awards Review Panel. The agency does not place a limit on the number of nominees or awardees.
The panel will meet Sept. 19 to review final nominations and make selections.
To nominate an individual, write a narrative statement that clearly and demonstrably illustrates how the nominee accomplished one or more of the considerations listed above. Include details that specify the activity, time or duration involved and demonstrable evidence of the outcomes. Email the narrative to the NGA Human Development Directorate points of contact Debbie Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Doctor at email@example.com.
For more information about NGA, visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NatlGEOINTAgency or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nga_GEOINT.