NGA participates in USGIF GEOINT Community Week June 4-8
May 31, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, Va. – National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency will participate in the U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation’s GEOINT Community Week activities June 4-8 at the Hyatt Regency Reston in Reston, Va.
Monday, June 4
- 9 a.m. ET, NGA Director Letitia Long is the keynote speaker for the USGIF Workshop Series on U.S. Commercial Remote Sensing.
- 11 a.m. ET, William “Buzz” Roberts, NGA chief of Analysis and Application Division, will participate in the Shaping the Future panel.
- 1:30 p.m. ET, Ted Cope, NGA director of Basic & Applied Research Office, will participate in the Emerging Capabilities-Walking the Data Bazaar panel.
- 2:30 p.m. ET, Eric Viglione, NGA deputy director of Commercial Imagery, Products and Services, will participate in the Challenges to the Future panel.
Tuesday, June 5
- 5 p.m. ET, David Bottom, NGA director of IT Services is the featured speaker at the GEOINTeraction Tuesday at the Walker's Grille in Alexandria, Va.
Wednesday, June 6
- 8:25 a.m. ET, U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Thomas Meek, NGA director of the Military Support Directorate, is the keynote speaker for the Ground Warfighter Geospatial Intelligence Conference at the TASC Heritage Conference Center in Chantilly, Va.
Thursday, June 7
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, in booth #208 of the exhibit hall, NGA will showcase a range of capabilities and initiatives to put the power of GEOINT into the hands of users by delivering intelligence online and on-demand, and by broadening and deepening analytical expertise, at the Hyatt Regency Reston in the Grand Ballroom.
USGIF’s GEOINT Community Week brings together defense, intelligence and homeland security geospatial user community for a week of briefings, learning workshops, technology exhibits and networking opportunities. For specific conference details, please visit www.usgif.org/events/GEOINTCommWeek.
Media interested in interviewing NGA participants should contact Reishia Kelsey at
571-557-9014 or email@example.com.
For more information about NGA, visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NatlGEOINTAgency or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/nga_GEOINT.