SPRINGFIELD, Va. – The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is accepting nominations through Nov.14 for inductees into the 2015 NGA Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame recognizes former NGA civilian and military members who made significant and lasting contributions to the discipline of geospatial intelligence and whose performance embodies the agency’s core values and principles. NGA selects and honors individuals each year in an awards ceremony to celebrate a career or period of NGA service characterized as exceptional and deserving of special recognition in the organization’s history.
Hall of Fame nominees can be former federal government employees (military or civilian) who do not currently work at an NGA facility. Retiree contractors and annuitants are not eligible if they are currently working at an NGA facility. Two years must have elapsed from the last duty day at NGA or last day working at an NGA facility before a nominee may become eligible for consideration.
Nominee’s performance should be clearly recognizable as having changed the direction and scope of, or increased the value of GEOINT for national decision makers, military commanders or other NGA customers and partners. Performance should meet one or more of the following standards:
• Demonstrate significant accomplishment at NGA or one of its heritage organizations
• Demonstrate an accomplishment that transformed NGA operations or GEOINT tradecraft
• Demonstrate a legacy of leadership that exemplifies NGA traditions and core values
• Demonstrate a significant accomplishment in the provision of GEOINT that enabled the U.S. to resolve a national security crisis
• Demonstrate a technological or analytic innovation that provided great geospatial understanding through the U.S. government
• Demonstrate a significant personal sacrifice in the accomplishment of the NGA mission
• Demonstrate significant support that greatly enhanced the NGA mission for individuals from other U.S. government entities, commercial vendors, or foreign governments
Any current or former Department of Defense or intelligence community employee may nominate an individual as a potential candidate for the NGA Hall of Fame. All nominations will be considered by the NGA Hall of Fame selection board.
The format for all nomination packages shall be as follows:
• Will be limited to no more than five unclassified pages, single-spaced, in 12-point font and submitted to Hall_of_Fame@nga.mil or mailed to Attn: NGA, N73OCC, 7500 GEOINT Drive, Springfield, VA 22150-7500
• Must include a biography and a summary of achievements clearly demonstrating the nominee’s contributions to the geospatial intelligence mission
• Must describe the basis for the nomination, its historical impact, and identify how the accomplishments relate to the selection criteria
• Must include general information on the nominee, including name, title, grade/rank at time of retirement, date of retirement from civilian or military service, current contact information, elements served and location
• OPTIONAL: Classified supporting documents of no more than two pages are permitted and can be submitted to Hall_of_Fame@nga.ic.gov
• Nominations submitted after November 14th will be deferred to the following year
The NGA Hall of Fame Selection Board will submit its slate of nominees to the NGA Director in February. The Director will customarily render a decision in March, and an announcement of the selection(s) will be made. NGA will hold an annual induction ceremony in May to pay tribute to the individuals and their prestigious accomplishments to the geospatial-intelligence community.
For questions regarding the Hall of Fame, contact Hall_of_Fame@nga.mil.