NGA views student employees as our future workforce; therefore, work assigned to students is professional in nature and is conducted in a learning environment that provides each student real-world experience and an opportunity to be evaluated for potential long-term employment. Student employment assignments are based on entry-level professional job descriptions, which will involve a great deal of independent and team oriented work under the guidance of a senior-level supervisor and mentors.
NGA’s student internship is open to a multitude of students and has a vast amount of benefits.
• Open to associate, undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate student
• Open to a large variety of degree fields (click here for list of applicable degree fields)
Interns are guaranteed real work at NGA. Each intern will have a project or projects set by their supervisor. Student Programs also holds informational events for interns, luncheons, after-work socials, and more. Interns have to opportunity to present their project at the end of the summer and also get to participate in a forum with the agencies top executives.
NGA’s interns experience many of the benefits of our full-time employees.
• Paid with sick and annual leave
• Onsite workout facility with three hours of paid leave a week
• MaxiFlex Work Schedules
• Work/Life Balance
• With a successful evaluation at the end of the summer, interns could be invited back for multiple summers
• Upon successful evaluation and mission need, there is a chance for interns to ‘convert’ to a full-time employee after their graduation