NGA Facilities Operating Status »
Contact Us »


Col. Paul C. Schauer

U.S. Air Force Col. Paul C. Schauer was a critical force in changing the direction of the Aeronautical Chart Service, which later became the Aeronautical Chart and Information Center and move to the former St. Louis Arsenal in 1952. Col. Schauer positioned the ACIC to grow and flourish in the climate of the Korean conflict and the Cold War and established the foundation for what would later become the Defense Mapping Agency – an NGA heritage organization. Col. Schauer, was inducted into the NGA Hall of Fame in 2006 and is the namesake of the headquarters building at NGA West in St. Louis, Mo.